Bastards in sports.


In a spade of  couples of days, I have come across violent actions where sports is involved..one by Bonek Surabaya (extremist football fanatics) last Friday and the Boston Marathon Bombing on Monday. 

Not too long ago, the Egyptian government dished out death penalties to rioting football fans there. 

Violence in football is nothing new. It has been around since the creation of modern football in England  in 1863. It was either on or off the field. It was either by the players on each other or by the fans attacking each other. There were injuries and deaths.

The off the field fights and murder by football "fans" was called football hooliganism. We even have a term for it to make it all professional.


I don't know about you guys. I don't see any fans here. I see cowardly bastards. 

Wouldn't you prefer this.....


Football Violence in Indonesia:



In a country that should be focusing on improving its football standards to be at par with the Koreans and the Japanese because they do have the potential for it... this happens 




Wouldn't we prefer this? 


Below is an extract from an Indonesian blogger who calls himself as Alterity....... expressing his view on the Bonek Surabaya..
Note: Bonek  is a name of a large number of people who are very fanatic in 'Persebaya' a soccer team in Surabaya, East Java. The supporters are also called 'The Green Force' as they always wear green attributes anytime they come to the match to see the performance of their heroes
Bonek Surabaya

Most evenings I work out at a gym located just a stone’s throw from the national sports complex, a huge stadium built by Sukarno and financed by the Russian communists. But on Friday I couldn’t go. It was too dangerous.

Football supporters from Surabaya and three other cities had descended on the capital for the final stages of a national football tournament. Now while most Indonesian football supporters don’t cause trouble, the same can definitely not be said for those from Surabaya.

Nothing is beyond these supporters. Armed with traditional weapons, such as celurit (a sort of machete) and golok (type of club), they terrorize anyone who comes in their way:

According to the Jakarta Post:


The Surabaya supporters did their (violent) reputation no harm on Friday night when a group of them became involved in a violent clash with a group of supporters of PSM, known as Mac's Men, at the sports complex. About 2,000 police officers and military soldiers quickly arrived in about 100 trucks and buses and managed to disperse the crowd. 
At least five Persebaya supporters, one police officer and one soldier were injured in the violence.There are unconfirmed reports that a Persebaya supporter was killed in the clash.With many of the fans arriving in Jakarta with nothing but their team spirit, some began harassing pedestrians, street vendors and motorists for money and food. 

Hell. Sometimes I wish former strongman Suharto was still in power: at least 
he knew how to deal with such idiots.

Boston marathon explosion:
This cowardly act by a bastard or bastards makes me sick. 
I have grown up knowing running as the last frontier of peace and fun.
Many a times I have walked into a football field for a match thinking which defender would try to break or twist my leg. Which opposing team fan will throw a piece of wood at or stick a fork into me while I am speeding down the left flank with  the ball.
But never, never, never would I think about running along the race route expecting anything but feeling ALIVE and having FUN. Win or loose.... I just wanted to have fun in a safe way.
I sometimes feel that GOD has been kind to me and blessed me to have Malaysia as the country of birth and residency.
After the Boston Marathon tragedy, I was just thinking...if it anything like this was to happen it would have to be in America. Really it should not be a surprise that it happened in America.
I feel bad saying this.  American Dream is becoming the American Nightmare!

(I avoided putting more graphic and gory photos then this. I don't think it is warranted. I think we get the picture. Excuse the pun.)
 To me the bombing was not an act of terrorism. If it was, it would make more sense to set off the bomb at the start of the race where close to 100000 people would have gathered together in close proximity.
It was probably a premeditated act by some sad lonely, looney bin with no one to call a friend. 
But I leave the investigation to the FBI.
The important thing is that we must live in hope and believe in the goodness of humanity. 

We must never walk away and let the EVIL of mankind triumph.
We Must Never Run Away!




1 comment: