Why do I need to do a half marathon? No bloody idea!

NO bloody idea why I have decided to a run a half marathon when the longest distance I have done is 12km.

I was sitting down and having a cup of coffee with the Bali Marathon race director Pak Satyo Haryo Wibisono at 7am at Plaza Senayan in Jakarta and we were talking about me possibly doing the 10km at the Bali marathon. This was last Friday

Yesterday, I just registered for the half marathon. Long story short, he sold me on the idea of running the 21km and I just walked into it.

I wonder why?

Why am I doing this at my age? I just turned 49 in April. I was cruising along in life with lots of fun. I am not a hard core health junkie. My exercise frequency is OK lah.

I like new challenges especially sporting ones. Thats why I took the opportunity of being in the panel of Bola@mamak being the OrangeMan.

Anyway, I decided to go for my first half marathon in Bali.

How do I feel?

I feel that I must train just to make sure I dont die half way through the run. I have been eating indiscriminately and drinking a fair bit of happy juice.

But now since I started my training, my food intake has improved. Replacing rice with chapatis Replacing oily food with organic meals. Lot more fibre and a little less meat.

More water than beer! Big sacrifice that.

I am still  abit loss on what regime to follow. For instance,  what distance should I do on a daily basis. How often should I train? What do I do as the day get closer? Is 3 weeks enough of training enough for me to complete the 21km?

Too many questions and not enough answers.

Would I be like this

 or like this


1 comment:

  1. You can do this bro. Three weeks might be too darned short but heck, think positive :D If you're back in KL, give me a tinkle and we'll go running together - Nick

    ReplyDelete