10 points on why having a goal is key?

This is my final week of training for the BII Maybank Bali Marathon this Sunday, 16th June.

It has been interesting and exciting to say the least. I have been energized, motivated, inspired, anxious and nervous. What a cocktail of emotions. Physically, I have toned up and my muscles are coming back. Thank GOD, they were still hiding somewhere in my body.

I found that all this reengineering of myself came along because I have a goal.

Below are 10 points why having a goal is important to me:

1. 21km run goal got me off my lazy arse and I started my regime of being healthy
2. Consequently I feel and look good, my self confidence is even higher
3. I got into a routine and broke the habit of indiscipline where exercise is concerned
4. Met new friends and a support group
5. The mental journey is more exciting then run itself
6. I can fit into tighter tops...looking sexy baby ( some self indulgence here)
7. Less drinking of the happy juice, therefore spending less money on it
8. Sleep early and wake up early
9. Others are motivated by me
10. Travelling overseas to run. Thats FUN!

My heart melted last night when my daughter sang me a happy father's day song over the phone since I wont be with her this Sunday (Father Day). I have decided to complete the 21km, rain or shine for my princess.

I know this is a really short blog but thats all I want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment