THE SHAPE AND MEN'S HEALTH NIGHT RUN 2010

Did you all enjoy it? From what I saw you did.

I thought the temperature was much cooler than the Putrajaya Night Marathon. There was a cool breeze.

Jay Menon and Ferhad did a great job of MCing the Run.

I did not run as much I wanted to because I was coordinating the Zigman Challlenge. It was their final challenge before the Challenge offcially ends on the 12th of August.

I felt Twenty First Century Sports did a great job! Please let us know how you feel about the event.

Tham, one of our regular runners managed to get medal and he was very happy. He thought the run was well organized. Thanks man. The credit should go to Nithi, The Race Director supported by Prem, our Operations Manager.

Matter of fact all the part time crew and volunteers should take a bow too.

I must  say the area around Palace of Justice looked really beautiful at night. It was a pleasure being there. 


To all the runners, thank you for joining the Shape & Men's Health Night Run 2010.

My two cents worth in terms of improving the event:

1. Once the official has done with the technical briefing of the race to the runners, he/ she should allow the music to pump up the energy of the runners and the environment. I thought the energy dropped everytime the technical annoucement was made. I dont agree with the number of times the breifing was made. It really got the energy flat.

2.For those runners who ignored the race collections day or did not subsrcibe to the Race Kit Delivery service and was not able to to run or get your goodie bags, you maybe wondering why there was no collection on the event day at the venue. There is a good reason for it. We tried twice, during last year's Shape & Men's Health Night Run and Putrajaya Night Marathon 2010, to have race kit collection on the race day at the venue. While 80% of the participants had the decency and respect to collect the kits on time, there were several hundreds who at the very last minute before the race start, turned up and demanded for their kits.

They almost delayed the start for the thousands and thousands of runners who had gathered at the start area. On top of that, some  demanded to change the running vest while it clearly states for manual collection, it states very clearly that it is while stocks last and it is first come first serve basis. I even had one lady who wanted to rip her vest because it was not her size. I checked the size she ticked on the registeration form and it was what we gave her. But she was not happy, so I offered her a pair of scissors to help her rip the vest but there was not going to be a replacement for her.

That experience left a really bad taste to the runners, volunteers, my team members and I. Therefore my team decided no more race day collection.

On a positive note, I would like to revisit the collection times during week days. I believe it should close later say about 8pm rather than 6pm. I will bring this up with my team.

hooHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment